Interstate 95 corridor – Targeting 53 Million People
Local Grown Salads is a perfect fit for Opportunity Zone locations.
- Investment in an Opportunity Zone is intended to uplift low-income neighborhoods.
- Local Grown Salads farms will provide healthy and nutritious food, create local jobs, and use sustainable technology.
- The farms are strategically located at the end of the supply chain and close to the consumer; therefore, ready-to-eat salads are delivered locally on the same day they are harvested.
- Each Local Grown Salads farm will employ 15 – 20 people.
- Individuals from the community will be trained to be farm managers, produce harvesters, produce cleaners, produce sorters, and packagers. A farm in the urban neighborhood will provide healthy food in priority areas.
Local Grown Salads farms are designed to be easy to scale. Farms are pre-fabricated, standardized, and delivered in 20’ containers and assembled on location. As demand increases from large retailers and food service customers, we are able to rapidly deploy new farms.
A Local Grown Salads farm is an investment in a business, a neighborhood, and a community. Farms can be created in existing buildings that otherwise would be deemed obsolete. A farm located in a qualified opportunity zone will help to “substantially improve” the building and its value.
Anticipated OZF Structure: We see an Opportunity Zone Fund is created, purchases a building in a Qualified Opportunity Zone, and owns the LGS Farm as a Qualified Opportunity Zone business. The LGS Farm operates in the building with a 10 year triple-net lease.
Our patent pending technology will produce a high quality product that is sustainable and profitable. The Capital Expenditure required for a farm is approximately $2.2M. The farm is expected to be generating income within 150 days of site acquisition.
Why Interstate 95?
We have a network of public and private stakeholders in this corridor with an emphasis on metropolitan Washington-Baltimore.
We have identified qualified opportunity zone properties that meet our building requirements and are available for sale or lease.